Join us for this six-week pre-registered Fertility Yoga series for women who are planning to conceive, those undergoing fertility treatments or IVF and also for women who have just conceived (0-14 weeks of pregnancy).
Practices from yoga, tantra, scientific research and eastern cultures are applied to naturally stimulate the ovarian function and to the womb ecology, the creation of an optimal womb environment. Many of the teachings are from the Amazonian women in Peru who have passed down these sacred movements for generations.
We will increase the energy flow through the body, connect to the earth and learn beneficial exercises for this special time of conception. A variety of body, mind and spirit resources are drawn from yoga to help women cope with the stress associated with uncertainties around this time and to increase the ability to self-nurture in preparation for motherhood.
The focus is on creating space and on optimizing blood flow to muscles and connective tissues in the lower pelvis. This activates the loops that link ovaries and hormonal pathways during the menstrual cycle and also in the early phases of conception and implantation. Fertility yoga offers a safe space to relax and start your pregnancy journey in a nurturing environment.
- Connection to source and the womb
- Stress releasing practices to increase fertility
- Rituals for creating space within the womb, heart and ovaries for new life
- Practices to ground the body and connect to the earth
- Exercises to connect soul to soul (sperm to egg) with partner
- Massage and Tapping to stimulate the endocrine system which holds huge importance for conception.
- Fertility Sun Salutations
- Body-based practices inspired from yoga and the indigenous women of Peru (amazon rain forest)
- Each participant will receive their own rebozo to use through their journey of conception, pregnancy, labour and after birth.
- Connection to a sister circle of support
- Pelvic floor toning exercises
- Mudras, mantras, meditations and visualizations for conception and connection to womb.
COST: $180 for six-week series
Meets every Wednesday from 1:30-2:45 PM
Taught by Nikki Lock.