Cycle-Aware Women Series: Interactive women's circles to bring meaning to your menstrual cycle.
Cycle-Aware Women is a two-part series of women's circles that promote a more open, supportive and cycle-smart world so women can reap the full benefits of their cyclical nature and live in sync with the wisdom of their bodies. These circles aim to break down the long-standing myths and stereotypes surrounding the menstrual cycle and provide more opportunities to share what women actually experience versus the damaging narrative that so many of us have been told.
Cycle Awareness as a Path to Wholeness: The Practical Wisdom of Menstruality
Spend an afternoon sipping tea and diving into the practice of menstrual cycle awareness, a unique feminine way of creating wellbeing, connecting to one’s purpose and developing personal power.
Discover how this intrinsic practice provides a deep sense of peace and comfort as you learn self-awareness techniques to help you become more in sync with the way you are wired.
The first circle of this series is about getting you rooted in the foundation of this practice, acquainted with the language of the cycle and using its energy dynamic as a practice for wellness, self-care and healing.
WHAT'S HAPPENING IN THIS CIRCLE:
- Get familiar with the process of Menstruality and the psychospiritual journey that supports a woman from menarche to menopause
- Learn the basics of menstrual cycle awareness and how to achieve greater wellbeing from a female-model of care
- Navigate the basic energy dynamic of the cycle to create more balance and stress less
- See your life through four unique lenses at different times of the month and learn how to work in harmony with each phase to create more ease and efficiency
- Unravel the concept of 'power' in relation to the cycle and how to engage with it in our everyday lives, whether it be in the quiet solitude of our bedroom or an intense meeting in the boardroom
- Learn why laying the groundwork in this practice prepares you to experience the cycle's deeper layers.
- Discover how to track your own monthly rhythm and patterns, a recipe for deep restoration, internal organization and self-confirmation
- We will finish with a guided meditation to give insight into your relationship with your cycle and a discussion at the end.
Wondering if this if for you?
These circles are welcoming to all those who want to learn more about their own menstruality. Whether your cycle is regular, irregular, have no cycle at all, are perimenopausal, menopausal or postmenopausal.
A word about those who no longer have a cycle from your facilitator: Although these circles focus on menstrual cycle awareness, I believe there is still something that can be reclaimed if one is looking to engage with cyclical consciousness and would like to recover aspects of their natural rhythm. This practice can be applied by using the lunar cycle rather than the menstrual cycle, although the experience of it will be, by nature, different.
Marisa Mar is a Menstruality Educator and the creator of Women In Sync. She facilitates girls and women circles to raise awareness about the importance of menstrual wellness and how to connect to the cycle as a resource of evolving wisdom. A quest to unearth the concept of “menstrual power” and to know more about her personal cycle led her to an apprenticeship with Alexandra Pope, co-founder of Red School in the UK. It was during this time that she was able to explore the healing, creative and spiritual capacities of the cycle. She considers the process of menstruality to be one of the most enriching experiences a woman can know and is thrilled to be able to help others connect to their own. She holds certifications in registered massage therapy and holistic nutrition and participates in ongoing qigong instructor trainings. She was born and raised on Vancouver Island, is a mother of two young children and lives in Victoria, B.C.
Visit www.womeninsync.ca to learn more about your facilitator.